Friday, May 22, 2009

Mckell's big day!

Yeah! The time finally came for Mckell to have her eye surgery. We had to leave pretty early in the morning to get to Primary Childrens. Once we arrived my nerves were calmed by the wonderful staff. They went out of their way to make us comfortable and to answer all my questions! Mckell was fine until the anesthesiologist came to take her away, then she cried for me all the way down the hall which pulled at my heartstrings. The surgery only took about forty five minutes and then I got to be there when she woke up. Mckell made sure that I knew everything that happened to her. To say that she did not like her I.V. would be an understatement! As soon as they took it out she was happy and dosed off to sleep. Being at Primary Childrens reminds me of how lucky we are and that stressing about the dumb things in life (what color to paint my bathroom) is not worth it.


Waiting her turn in her cute hospital gown. She had no idea what was coming next!


Just waking up. Don't her eyes look great!

Here are some pictures from last week...


Thank goodness for dads with strong arms


Sprinkler fun in the back yard. I would like to apologise to my neighbors since I was in my swimsuit as well!


Notice anything wrong here?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What was wrong with her eyes? Don't you just love that we have a hospital like Primary Childern's here? I've had two kids up there. Love it and hate it at the same time!! Looks like you had a fun time in sunny California!!

Unknown said...

I didn't know something was wrong w/ her eyes. Fill me in. Cali looks like a blast- you look so cute and so does your fam in all the pics.

Ben and Jessica said...

Heather I forgot about Mckell's surgrey. I hope everything is okay. Let me know if I can do anything. Also I just have to say that the hospital gown was super cute!!! See you on tuesday.....the pool at 1:00. Summer baby here we come.

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Oh Heather I'm glad the surgery went well! I forgot it was this week! Thanks for posting about it. Love you guys!

Haskins said...

oh that is so sad about her eyes!! California looked like so much fun!! Your pics are so cute!!

Adam and Melisa said...

Glad everything went well and hope she's ok! We just had Logan's tonsils out today and he wasn't fond of the anesthesiologist either. And hey...you're such a fun mom for getting in your swimming suit too!