Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jungle week

Hooray for week two! This week we learned about the jungle. We talked about the animals, the weather and the vegetation. First on our list was a good old game of monkey see monkey do. The kids had a great time with that and I got a few good laughs. After that, I took the kiddos to monkey island where they could "monkey around" The kids have been begging me to take them for a while so this seemed like a great excuse. We also made some safari maps, went on a safari, and enjoyed some super yummy zebra brownies. Wow, what a week. Oh yah, and I also ran in the Ragnar this weekend. Yes you can pick your jaw off the floor now... I have never been a runner. In fact, I don't even like running. I got the chance to be on a team with some friends from the ward and I couldn't pass up the challenge. Our team ran for the American Cancer Society and raised over $5,000 for them. The race went from Logan to Park City for a total of 192 miles. It took our team a little over 31 hours but we all survived and even had a little fun. I am even looking forward to next year!


Monkey see monkey do




getting ready for monkey island








Poor Molly, some day I'll let her out of her stroller


Mckells lion


Brighams






Our jungle safari. I sure am glad these kids are easy to please. Who'd of thought hiding some animals around the house would be so much fun!


We finished our week with some zebra brownies


Oh the good old splash pad. Always crowded but the kids never seem to mind.


Headed up to Logan, Ragnar here we come!


Running through the canyons was beautiful! I didn't much care for the steep hills, but the scenery was great!


Van 1, we had the early shift. We started our race at 5:15 a.m.


Got my slap bracelet and off I go


At the finish line waiting for van 2 to finish their legs. We were a little pooped after little sleep and lot's of running


Finish line, woohoo!




I am so glad Shannon could join in on the fun

Till next year!

No comments: