Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer of fun begins

Summer is here and I'm feelin some pressure to keep these kiddos entertained/somewhat educated. I got this idea from my friend Lauren who I admire as a mother. She is fabulous! Basically, we will have a weekly theme. We will learn about the theme, do crafts and hopefully go on some sort of field trip. The kids are way excited about the idea and it has really been fun researching possible projects. I'm sure by the end of the summer they won't remember what they learned but hopefully they will remember the time that we got to spend together. Here's to week 1!

Transportation week. We started off the week learning about trains.





Lehi has it's very own train station. It is so neat! We learned all about the trains that used to come through here. They have a fun little museum with lots of replicas.





We played a counting game with some dice and cars


Go carts count as transportation right? We headed to trafalga to ride some go carts. We had to brave this awful windstorm but everyone had fun anyways.






The kids had fun doing these dump truck tire paintings.




We finished off the week learning about airplanes. We made paper airplanes and gave them a good test run off our deck. We also went to this really neat model airplane show. We got to see tons of neat airplanes and even got to see them take flight, choreographed to music none the less!








Our week is never complete with out seven peaks!

1 comment:

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

That is such a fun idea!!! Oh and I love Mckell's pose in that railhouse photo hahaha.